Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Poisson d'Avril!


Our Grace brought some fun traditions back from France with her.
One that is especially fun is Poison d'Avril --
a variation of April Fool's Day celebrated in France.
Paper fish are taped onto people's backs.
Sometimes the children yell "Poisson d'Avril" as they run away.
The person with the fish on their back becomes an 'April Fish'.
Caroline is busy getting some fish ready for her tricks!



Caroline's fish look great! 


Grace has a few fish of her own ready to place on people's backs. 


It looks like someone has already been having fun secretly sticking fish their friends.


Hee, hee -- when will she discover those fish?


Saige is next -- Hope she finds it soon!

How are your dolls celebrating April Fool's Day?
Have you ever heard of Poisson d'Avril before?
Do you celebrate Poisson d'Avril at your house?

We do -- 
 I think I went to the grocery store and came home before I even noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment