Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pattern Making


My favorite part of our design studio --
Annie Design & Co. -- was making the dress patterns.

All I did for this project was to find vintage patterns and pattern envelope graphics.
The patterns are reduced in size to work for 18 inch dolls 
{a little smaller/larger than 2X3 inches}.

Most of my pattern graphics were found online.
Once I printed off the patterns, I cut them out with a boarder on all 4 sides.
I folded the sides in to where the graphic print began -- making a simple envelope.
The top of the envelope was cut with a curved-edge, to look like a real pattern envelope.
Tucking tissue paper inside each envelope adds bulk, and looks like real pattern pieces.
The pattern box is a small craft box that we already had --
It was the perfect size for holding our patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment